Blog Archive

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Live blogging an anniversary

A few of the thoughts that I've been coming across lately now seem to be coming together and I'm trying to figure it all out as best as I can.

So in between working, listening to great music on klove and clearing out some clutter, I'll be liveblogging my birthday this year. Do check here often today.

Let me share 2 of these thoughts of mine. Lately, I've been reading up on Martin Luther and the influence of his thoughts and writings on the way we all live today. His 'big break' moment, we hear came with the discovery of a sentence from St. Paul's letter to the Romans. The Good Book records it in Romans 1:17 and that verse ends with these words: "The Righteous will live by faith."

This connected with a reference that a prince once made to faith. This morning, I read an account of that prince's role in a successful military campaign. His words: "Come let's go over to the enemy's outpost...perhaps the LORD will act on our behalf."

This new year, I've made up my mind to step up and do what's on my mind, who knows, perhaps a Greater Force will back me up. Will you do the same?

No comments: